Thursday, November 18, 2010

What if

Word Count = 280

Do you ever look for something but find it in the wrong place, because I have. It was a year ago; a stressful time for me with much to do. After getting through a rough month of schoolwork and roommate issues, I finally had the time to go home for thanksgiving. All of my friends were making the journey back and the only thing on my mind was seeing them. I had been looking forward to this break for a long time and wanted to rush there as soon as I could. When my last class broke for extended weekend, I packed up all my clothes up, took one last look at my room and ran to my car.
As I started the car and went through my normal routine, I thought to myself. What if I take the long way back home? What if I take my time? I could not find an answer. A minute beforehand I could have given myself a number of reasons to take the short route, but now they were gone. I put in my new CD, drove along my way, and noticed something I would have completely missed otherwise. I noticed the color of the leaves, a collide-a-scope of sunshine gleaming through the clouds, and the smell of fresh country air. I noticed the ups and downs in the road, as if the hills were saying welcoming me home. With my music playing in the background, I noticed one other thing, the smile on my face and the joy in my heart. After I realized all this, I asked myself one more question. How could this all have come from just a question?

The Point: What if I take my time?

3 comments:

  1. Hey Brain I really like the way you describe the image when you drive your car back to home. To be honest, I do feel the same way everything when I drive four hours back to my home (NJ). I think you should take any time on any thing because that will make you see things more clear. By the way hope you got a better roommate this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the use of the questions you put into the paper. It makes it even more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel man. Hopefully, I thought to myself that I didn't belong in UMBC.

    ReplyDelete