Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The difference in a few steps

One my best experience, in education, has been in AP world history. The teacher loved his students and teaching the subject. His passion led us through the storm that was history, his excitement showing us the way. He would always give so much to the students, helping them to learn and live the history. The work had been hard though and sometimes there were students who hated him for that. Although, I have never been asked for so much and received as much in return. I study history for him though and for the class.
Word Count = 95

On the other hand, one class led me down a path of destruction for a subject. The class was honors chemistry; I had transferred into the class from on-level because I wanted a better educational experience. I had walked into something that I could not handle, this mostly coming from me not being able to live up to my older sister’s expertise in the subject. The teacher, also did not involve the students, she did not give a reason for the students to achieve. We were there for the grade, for the acceptance of some checkmark on some form.

Word Count = 99

No comments:

Post a Comment