Monday, October 18, 2010

Enlightenment

There is that point. The point where you learn what has been encapsulated in your head for what seems like an eternity. The moment is always astounding, it brings everything into perspective. If awe inspiring could be put into just a moment, it would be in that instant. It does not matter what you have just learned, sometimes it can be horrifying or terrible. However, even in that second, there is something terribly great about it. This process almost seems to involve your whole life; you live through these realizations and understandings. One can just sit, look, and understand what is all around. To some it can be an addiction, but yet to others, it can be the pain of life.

To me, there has always been this process. It has surrounded my whole life. I have striven for it at points, and looked away from it at others. I have studied history to understand why, yet I only receive questions in return. I have always looked towards the future but remembering back on these experiences brings me joy. There are points where I can feel overwhelmed but I always see that as a new barrier being reached. Some people spend their whole life involved in one subject; I try to look through them all. Sometimes the pain can take away from what was gained but it is always worth it in the end. There is a simple pleasure in life. The simple pleasure that has been passed through stories for ages, it is learning. The process that involves the human experience, the human spark of intelligence, and this I believe.

1 comment:

  1. Education is the key to overcoming the obsticals. Don't take anyones word for granted. Read, Write, Learn. You'll figure it out along the way

    ReplyDelete