Thursday, September 9, 2010

Hypocrisy, Damascus, & History

I was born and raised in a small suburban town called Damascus in upper Montgomery County, Maryland. The town of Damascus had a nickname of “Cow Town”, it was seen as a rural town, far from the reaches of urban life. We were fifteen minutes from a major highway and only one hour away from two separate major cities. This has helped me to understand the hypocrisy always around me and society today. I know study history at the University of Maryland Baltimore County to understand this hypocrisy. I know can look at the works such as the Constitution, look through what many see as a great work of originality or of democracy and prove to them just how wrong they are. When I look around, sometimes I get confused but I come back to my thoughts in my diary. I just seek to understand.

5 comments:

  1. Damascus Eh? I too am from that place in which you speak; and all you say about it is true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your town reminds me of where I live right now. We live about 8-10 minutes away from the closest grocery store, and I have to drive anywhere between 15-25 minutes to get anywhere (friend's houses, gym, mall, restaurants, etc). The highlight of my life was when a Subway opened a mile away from my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to write diary, but every time I just couldn't last for over a week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think its pretty cool tou consider your tumblr a diary. I've always thought of it as a place where I can quickly get my random thoughts out in the open. But maybe it is a diary in a sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ey you asked me what my favorite genre is. I am a classic 70s type girl, but I'm pretty easy going when it comes to music. huge movie buff though.

    ReplyDelete